Stuck at what to choose between Spocket & Oberlo for your next dropshipping campaign? This article has got you covered.
While strating a dropshipping store is easy, making it profitable isn’t as there are many aspects that must be take care of:
- Brand Identity
- The product quality
- Store building & products creation
- Shipping timings
- Suppliers terms & conditions
- Marketing strategies
- Budgeting & Sourcing
& much more..
With this much amount of work to do, technology & tools have always helped us out to save our time & keep ahead.
Two such tools are Spocket & Oberlo, that help dropshipping entrepreneurs source & import quality products from the marketplaces to their store, whilst also managing other tasks like inventory management, order fulfillment, analytics, reporting etc.
Using these super cool marketplaces-cum-tool definitely helps you save time & become smart with your dropshipping campaigns.
But, amongst Spocket & Oberlo, which one to choose?
If you are unsure, continue reading this blog & choose for yourself as both of these tools have their own pros & cons.
Spocket vs Oberlo: A Quick Comparasion
Spocket & Oberlo: About the Tools, Features Overview & Pricing
Launched in 2017, Spocket is a platform that offers high-quality dropshipping products, whilst also enabling various dropshipping business operations such as products importing, orders fulfillment, sales management & much more.
Spocket can be integrated with popular store builders like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, Felex, Ecwid, Squarespace, Square, AliBaba, AliScraper & KMO Shops.
- Product Marketplace: Spocket is primarily a product marketplace that quality dropshipping product suppliers registered from all across the Globe – primarily from the US & EU.
- Wide Range of Product Catalog: Spocket has wide range of caterogies & huge number of products to choose from & the numbers are increasing by each passing day
- Store Integration: Spocket can be intergrated with Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Felex, Ecwid, Squarespace, Square, Alibaba, AliScraper & KMO Shopes
- Products Importing: You can easily import product from the Spocket marketplace to your store directly in a matter of few clicks
- Product Inventory is synced automatically
- Sales Analytics & Tracking
- Order Fulfilment
- Order Sampling: You can order samples from supplier for testing product & product photography.
- Global Shipping: Spocket deliver items globally.
- Branded Invoicing option available
Spocket has 7 days of free trial but you can only view the catalog of products in this.
Launched in 2017, Oberlo is one of the most popular yet free tool for dropshipping businesses to import products directly from AliExpress to their Shopify store.
- Product Marketpalce: Unlike Spocket which has it’s own marketplace, Oberlo is connected with AliExpress.
- Store Integration: Oberlo only works with Shopify.
- Products Importing & Customization: You can import products from AliExpress to your Shopify store – and customize them.
- Product Inventory is synced automatically
- Orders Fulfillment & Tracking
- Sales Analytics & Tracking
Store Integration: Oberlo is only for Shopify while Spocket works with Major Platforms
Integrating/connecting your dropshipping store with a product sourcing marketplace is crucial because this allows you to streamline various tasks & save you time, such as:
- Product Importing
- Real-Time inventory tracking
- Orders Fulfillment
Not all stores are built with Shopify, and Oberlo integrates only with Shopify – therefore, Oberlo is not a solution for everyone.
On the other hand, Spocket integrates with several popular store building platforms like:
- KMO Shops
Spocket vs Oberlo: Which is Better in terms of Products Quality?
Products quality is vital for your dropshipping business. To be more scalable in your dropshipping business – you must sell quality products.
Nowadays, it is pointless to compromise with products quality as there are major downsides to it, just to mention a few:
- Selling poor quality products impacts consumer trust – which decreases customer retention rate & brand value
- You attract negative reviews to your online presence – that hurts your conversion rate
- People often return bad quality products – the impacts your revenue & you face some loss on each return order
With that being said, let’s understand how Spocket & Oberlo differs in terms of product quality:
Products Quality on Spocket
When using Spocket, one doesn’t need to worry about the products quality as the Spocket suppliers are vetted – Spocket carefully produce suppliers for their platform; And hence, the products quality on this platform is almost always better and not a concern for dropshippers.
Products Quality on Oberlo
Since Oberlo is connected with AliExpress – products quality might be an issue sometimes – or manytimes. When using Oberlo, you need to carefully pick a product based on products rating/reviews, supplier profile & other factors.
In short, product quality is not guaranteed when using Oberlo.
Shipping, Processing & Delivery Times: Does Spocket has Fast Delivery Times than Oberlo?
Delivery timings are crucial for your dropshipping business – very crucial. It’s worth noting that the shorter the delivery times – the better are the sales.
A poor delivery experience makes a consumer abandon your brand/services.
84% of customers will not return to a retailer after one poor delivery experience.Convey
On the top of that, you should know that offering faster delivery times not only improve the conversion rate, but can also be a profitable option if you charge consumers for fast delivery – if they want – but you need to do it very strategically.
To stay in the long run with your dropshipping business, it is very important to focus on delivery good delivery experience to consumers.
Oberlo Delivery Timings
Since Oberlo is connected with AliExpress – the delivery timings are usually on a higher side & this really sucks. With Oberlo, you can expect a delivery in 7-10 business days or more.
There are chances that your consumers might experience a poor delivery service – when using Oberlo.
Spocket Delivery Timings
Spocket suppliers are very clear about the delivery timings & they often deliver the product within 2 to 5 days if your target audience is based in the US (or a country where the product supplier/manufacturer belongs to).
Spocket also has various delivery options to choose from – pay extra & get fast delivery.
Using Spocket also ensures that you’re providing consumers with an accurate estimation for product delivery – that too is very important –
Receiving an accurate ETA is important or very important to 83% of consumersLocalz
With that being said, Spocket is a better option to go for when considering the product delivery experience.
Categories & Product Catalog: Oberlo Wins Here
Oberlo wins the lead here because it is connected with one of the Worlds largest marketplace – AliExpress.
AliExpress is a hub for sourcing products at cheaper prices & it has tons of product categories to choose from.
Hence, you get more fliexibility with Oberlo when considering product catalog/categories.
On the other hand, Spocket is an independent marketplace – which is definitely not small – but doesn’t stand a chance when compared with Oberlo.
Hence, choosing Spocket may be a concern for dropshippers who are more focused on testing various different products across different categories.
Which is Better Spocket or Oberlo?
With both Spocket & Oberlo having their own pros & cons – you should be choosing a solution that better suit your needs.
Keep in mind that Oberlo works only with Shopify.
So if you are or want to use WooCommerce for Dropshipping, then Spocket will work for you.
If you ask me, I’d prefer Spocket over Oberlo because Spocket is focused on improving critical aspects of the dropshipping business, including:
- Improved quality of products
- Lowered Shipping times
- Hassle-free & clear return/refund policies
- Higher profit margins
- Easy store integration with major store building platforms, including Shopify
- Order sampling options
- Branded invoicing options
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but it would be hard to track analytics & manage sales since you need to collate final data from both the platforms
No, Spocket onboard suppliers after a strict vetting process so as to deliver only quality products. Oberlo is connected to AliExpress.