I understand it can be difficult for many to choose the best free grammar checker tool from pool of grammar checking tools in the market.
And using a grammar checker tool is important because you cannot possibly review emails, lengthy blog entries, social media postings, documents, and other items manually, while also looking for grammatical faults in each one.
Worst is the case when you already have other hectic & prioritized tasks than checking grammar.
Whichever be the case, you might need the best grammar-checking tool for your particular requirements at any point of time.
Because more than you may realize, poor language and spelling can harm your reputation as well as that of your company.
So here I am today with a compiled list of awesome grammar checking tools to aid your writing ability & provide you/your business an error-free writing – which is of course, quintessential.
Why do you Need Grammar Checking Tools?
With the increase in demand of content, the demand for strong writing abilities has also grown.
Additionally, informative, accurate & precise information is required everywhere – on websites, social media platforms, and other online portals.
To draw readers in & keep them interested, strong writing flair becomes mandatory.
Below are some reasons that indicates the strong requirement of grammar checker tools:
- The faults are rationally examined by a grammar checker tool. For instance, if it determines that the word you wrote is not what you intended to use, it can analyze the sentence and flag it as incorrect.
- Grammar checking tools not only check grammatical errors, but also recommend alternative terms that are better suited for a certain statement or when you use a word repeatedly in your work. This way the application also helps expanding your vocabulary.
- The thorough grammar checking ability of tools can re-arrange your phrases to make them clearer to understand and can also propose modifiers and adjectives – which are great to use.
Let’s now look at some of the best Grammar checking tools in the market:
Best Grammar Checkers Tools
For anyone – from businesses, writers, content creators to student, ProWritingAid is an online grammar and style editor tool that not only enables you to swiftly correct punctuation, grammatical, and spelling issues, but also helps improve your word choice.
Not only this, ProWritingAid also offers thorough reports that are sure to enhance your writing abilities.
This application can be integrated with some of the most popular platforms like Google Docs, Gmail, and even WordPress – so you can use it regularly to check for grammatical errors.
ProWritingAid also provides in-app explanations, recommendations, quizzes, videos, and articles to aid with the on-the-go improvement of your writing abilities.
The majority of web browsers & softwares like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, all can be integrated with ProWritingAid.
On the top of everything, ProWritingAid also have a desktop application for Windows and Mac.
- Grammar and spelling check
- Support for Mac and Windows
- Browser add-ons and third-party integration with popular/latest apps
- Writing reports, far better than any other tool
- Suggestions to enhance the strength and clarity in everything you write
- Detects plagiarism
- Checks for consistency in capitalization, hyphenation, and spelling
Plans and Prices
ProWritingAid has three plans – Free, Premium, and Premium Plus.
The basic plan is free of charge and
- $20 for monthly premium cost
- $24 for monthly premium plus package
- $6 a month for single user
Linguix is another popular tool that evaluates your writing for mistakes and offers advice for the finest grammar, punctuation, and writing style based on the context.
With over 2700+ complex corrections that cover thousands of issues from grammar to style, the tool is more than just a spell checker.
To help you improve the readability and presentation of your professional emails, as well as academic and personal projects, Linguix provides thorough explanations for common problems.
Linguix web app has a private mode for modifying private information. This mode allows you to edit the document, but as soon as the document is saved, all of your modifications are lost.
The browser add-on assists in correcting writing errors across the web, including in Google Docs, email, specialist content production programmes, chat services, and many other places.
- Linguix Software checks spelling, grammar, and style as well
- Also works as a paraphrasing tool to improve and rework your sentences
- For quicker authoring, Linguix offers content templates and snippets
- User-level and company-level insights are also available
- Advanced comprehension and readability ratings
- Integration of third-party tools and browser extensions
- A team management dashboard for businesses
Linguix Plans & Prices
There are three versions of Linguix – the Free Premium Trial, the Premium version, and the Business package.
- The basic plan is of no cost
- $8 monthly for the premium plan
- Upon request, Team Price can be fixed
Ginger is another quality grammar checking tool in my list – thanks to its grammar checking, punctuation, and spelling facilities.
The grammar and spell checker system that Ginger offers, enables you to write more effectively, precisely and quickly.
In addition to grammar checking functionality, Ginger offers several extra functions such as text reader, sentence rephrasing, dictionary, a translator with over 50 languages, and a feature to help you become more fluent in English!
Ginger comes in desktop application for Windows and Mac, as well as mobile applications for Android and iOS.
The free version also allows you to use browser add-on, definitions, and translations in 40 different languages, but it only enables 14 checks per month.
Ginger’s absence of plagiarism detector is a major drawback. In addition, the reporting is quite scanty in comparison to its rivals.
Ginger is compatible with applications like Outlook, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint and can be downloaded immediately into Chrome or Safari.
- Ginger is a reliable tool for checking grammar and spelling
- Ginger excels at editing and correcting as you type
- With Ginger, sentences can rephrased to improve your writing style
- Browser add-ons and third-party integration options available
- Ginger supports 60 different languages
- Ginger also offers practice sessions that are specifically tailored to your writing
Ginger Plans and Prices
Ginger offers a premium version in addition to a free plan with some restrictions.
The Free offer is without charge.
Next grammar checking tool in my list is the LanguageTool, which is an “Open Source programme” developed by a group of language aficionados and software professionals.
LanguageTool is a distinctive online grammar checker simply because it is driven by open-source software.
Language Tool has a simple interface that makes it quite simple to use, and its grammar checker is quite precise.
The capability of this programme to be downloaded for offline use is one of its key benefits.
This tool comes with an ability to check grammar mistakes in a variety of languages, including Asturian, Catalan, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Tamil, and many more – which is definitely another fantastic feature to leverage.
- LanguageTool is a perfect fit for proofreading – that includes an intuitive spell and grammar check
- Corrects grammatical mistakes in numerous languages
- More than 1,700 patterns are used in the proofreading engine’s error detection
- Supports more than 20 languages – and translation as well in these
- Browser add-ons and seamless third party integrations available
- The ability to spot errors that other platforms of similar nature miss
LanguageTool Plans and Prices
Since it is an open source programme, a free plan with limited restrictions is available.
It also has a premium plan is costing as low as $4.92 a month – Hurray!
With the help of sophisticated grammar, spelling, and rephrasing suggestions, this AI-powered grammar and plagiarism checking application can undoubtedly help you write much better.
While there isn’t desktop software; it is only accessible online as a web app, allowing you to log in from any browser.
Outwrite provides a mobile app as well that is presently only accessible for iOS and includes extensions for Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Chrome.
The AI Eloquence Engine is one of the best aspects of Outwrite. It examines your content and makes suggestions on how to make it better by removing incorrect words, streamlining phrases, and minimizing passive voice.
A very effective plagiarism checker with a monthly check limit of 50 is also included in the Pro plan of OutWrite.
Users can check for plagiarism, improve their writing, and fix grammar errors in a variety of languages.
- AI-driven proofreading software – OutWrite uses GradeProof’s Eloquence Engine to increase the writing’s fluidity, effectiveness, and clarity
- With OutWrite, you can keep a track of writing data such as grade level, word count, readability & more
- The absence of plagiarism guarantees the uniqueness of your paper
OutWrite Plans & Prices
Outwrite has three plans – Teams, Pro, and Essential.
The Pro package is $9.95 a month & $7.95 per month, per user, for the team’s plan.
The Basic plan is Free with limitations.
Just like the human writes, The “writer” tool goes beyond the scope of regular grammatical checking.
Compared to other writing assistants, the Writer does more content checks in addition to the fundamentals of grammar, punctuation, and tone.
“Writer” has the capacity & capability to write better for work, to use the appropriate tone, writing style, and vocabulary for your audience.
Additionally, the “Writer” tool examines the content for your firm for prejudice, bias in writing style, readability, approachability, and conciseness.
This “Writer” tool is quickly overtaking editors as the primary writing support for businesses.
- Grammar and punctuation checker
- Check for inclusiveness and plagiarism
- Conjugations of verbs
- Single-click editing option
- Language and readability check
- Editor for grammar and spelling
“Writer” Plans & Prices
“Writer” offers a simple in-browser grammar checker without any cost.
The basic plan costs $11 per month, allowing you to to use the premium features and tools, and you can add more users for the same fee each.
7. Zoho Writer
An excellent online tool for testing spelling, punctuation, and style concerns is the Zoho Writer.
There are tons of fantastic features in this free grammar checking tool.
Why Zoho Writer?
Zoho Writer offers intelligent suggestions supported by machine learning, such as context-aware suggestions (such as effect/affect), subject-verb agreement, redundancy, and highlighting punctuation errors – that you’ll definitely notice after using this tool.
The intelligent writing helper in Zoho Writer keeps track of your use of adverbs, clichés, and passive language.
Making flawless papers and files for your business is easy with the sophisticated word processor Zoho Writer.
Zoho Writer Features
- Correction of word choices
- Writing assistant with AI
- Analysis of readability
- Index Flesch-Kincaid
- Improves the quality of writing
- Check your spelling and usage
- Run-on sentences and polysyllabic words detection
Zoho Writer Plans & Pricing
Zoho Writer is available without charge, Cheers!
8. Virtual Writing Tutor
You may create a cover letter, have essays reviewed, practice IELTS tests, and more with the free online tool “Virtual Writing Tutor”.
Why Virtual Writing Tutor?
There are numerous editing choices available when using Virtual Writing Tutor as a grammar checker (even though the design looks pretty basic).
To check your grammar, punctuation, spelling, paraphrasing, and vocabulary, you should definitely utilize the Virtual Writing Tutor.
You will enjoy the built-in word count checker and target structure analyzer if you have recently started a blog.
Virtual Writing Tutor Features
- Vocabulary-checking software
- Vocabulary checker for academic and casual use
- Checker for cliches and strong words
- Error-correcting algorithm
- Word counter & Grammar checking API also available
- Sentence checker
- Responsive Design
- Telephone and ticket-based support
Conclusion on Top Grammar Checking Tools in the Market
The process of editing written material is very difficult and that’s where using a grammar checker tool to make your writing better becomes essential.
However, it is still advised to improve your writing abilities through academic study.
The accuracy and quality of the information are significantly impacted by grammar checking.
A perfect grammar checker ensures that your work is free of all grammatical mistakes.
Some software includes it, but if not, you can buy grammar checkers separately.
How Grammar Checker Tool Works?
The correct spellings and frequent mistakes are already stored in the database of grammar checker tools.
When you use incorrect sentence construction, the grammar checker software alerts you.
Most often, an amusing arrangement of your poor grammar usage ends up aiding you in fixing all of your punctuation mistakes when you use a tool.
I’ve tried my best possible efforts to list the best grammar checking tools in the article above.
Some FAQs on Grammar Checking Tools
Q1. Is there a better grammar checker than Grammarly?
The finest solutions are LanguageTool & Reverso for people who want to perform translations and error checks in several languages.
ProWritingAid, WhiteSmoke, and Ginger are the top Grammarly alternatives for users that require additional capabilities.
Q2. Is Ginger grammar checker free?
Yes, users of Ginger’s Free version can visit the site without charge for a limited time each week.
When the weekly limit is reached, Ginger continues to provide misspelt word fixes, but you must manually enter the new word.
Q3. Is ProWritingAid better than Grammarly?
Although ProWritingAid is an excellent tool, Grammarly is faster.
Grammarly does this instantly, whereas it takes a few seconds to scan, document, and generate a report.
Additionally to desktop applications for Mac and Windows, ProWritingAid Premium provides add-ons for Chrome and Safari.